Thursday, 17 February 2011

Indianapolis for New Year's 2011

This year for New Year's we took a trip to Indianapolis to spend the holiday with our good friends Chad and Anya Turner. We have been celebrating with them for the past 5 years so we needed to keep the tradition alive. Dr Chad is doing his residency at Indiana University for Orthopaedic surgery and they will be there for another 3 years. Chad and Anya were amazing hosts and really showed us a good time. They took us to the Indiana Motor Speedway Museum, the Indianapolis Children's Museum (which is the biggest one in the world), the Indianapolis Zoo, the Indianapolis Museum of Art and a couple local restaurants. I tried Indian food for the first time. I didn't really like it, but I was a good sport about it.
We only had Anastyn with us which was so strange. We have never left the girls for that long and I was worried that the baby sitters wouldn't survive (especially my SIL Ashley because she had Avery ALL WEEK), but they all did great! We missed our girls like crazy, but it was nice to give all our attention to the baby since she doesn't get much at home.
New Year's 2011
New Year's kiss

No, they are not drunk. They act like this completely sober! That is a bottle of sparkling cider that Chad is holding and yes, those are swedish fish in Dave's nose. Lovely, I know.

David's little brother had some wristbands made that say "I party with Eggers". We thought it was fitting to give some to the Turner's since we have partied on many occasions.
Me and sweet Anya. This is a terrible picture, it was almost midnight and we were SO tired!
In front of the art museum.

One of the art displays. This is right inside the front doors and it is made of small ropes.



My hunky hubby.

We had an amazing trip and wish we could go back!!

No comments: