The entire Maples Family!
This year our family decided to do our own campout with all of my siblings and their families. My mom booked campsites at the Lava Hot Springs KOA campground and paid for it all as our Christmas gifts. My whole family was able to make it. I cannot believe how much the family has grown. We will be adding two new babies this year, Brooke and Ashley are both pregnant and due within days of each other!
I decided that camping is lots more fun when you are a child. It is a lot of work as an adult, but we still had a good time. We went up on Thursday afternoon and set up our tent. We had dutch oven chicken enchiladas (so yummy!!) and peach cobbler for dessert. That day was also David's birthday so we sang to him as well. I feel bad that he spent his birthday camping and it was pretty much overlooked. Right after dinner it started raining and didn't stop until somtime during the night. We froze in our tent. I felt so bad for the kids. The little ones slept really well despite the bad weather though. The second day we headed to the water park and swam for a few hours. The girls had a great time! After everyone was tired of the water, we went back to camp. David and Abbey decided they wanted to float the river with a few of my siblings. I wasn't sure about Abbey going, but she really wanted to do it, so I gave in. She had a blast and they did it three times. While they were gone we started some roasts and potatoes cooking in the dutch oven. They turned out so good, the dinner was fantastic! That night was a bit colder, but at least it wasn't raining. Saturday we packed up and returned home. It looks like we will make this get together an annual thing and I am looking forward to next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment