
At the end of August my awesome hubby and brother took a trip to hike to the top of King's Peak. They left on Wednesday afternoon for the big event. The plan was to hike to their camp spot and set up camp and then hike to the top the next day. They hiked about 10 miles to get to the spot where they would camp and did all this with a backpack on. David's pack weighed about 50 pounds. The next day they hiked another 10 miles to the top of the peak. It is highest point in Utah and from what David told me, it was REALLY hard to breathe. He said there were many times that he would have turned around and given up if he didn't have someone with him to keep him going. He learned a lot about how strong he really is. I was so impressed that he would take this on. I was SO worried about him the whole time. I kept wondering if he had enough to eat and if he was cold at night and. I had no way to reach him while he was gone. The plan was to camp until Saturday morning and then hike back down to come home. Well, Friday afternoon I am standing outside talking to a neighbor and Bryan's car pulls up. They decided to come home early and surprise us. I had no idea he would be home that night, but I was so happy! I am so proud of him and what he accomplished during this trip. He is amazing!!
2 comments:
That is amazing!! Go Dave! The highest I have climbed is almost to the top of Timp. There was to much snow at the base so we could only go to the lake. Still like 16miles hiked.
Impressive!!
Post a Comment