Thursday, 6 September 2012

Mexican Riviera Cruise

 On June 10th, 2012 we set sail on this amazing ship courtesy of my father-in-law, Sam, and his awesome wife, Becky. They decided it would be fun to take all of their kids on a cruise! As soon as they started tossing the idea around I was ALL IN! We had a fantastic time! I took over two hundred pictures on this trip, but my computer is junky and it takes a really long time to download, so I am just showing the highlights!

 There were a few places that we spent a lot of time. One was in the karaoke room, and the other was wherever they were doing trivia games (or bingo). We are kinda geeky that way.
This is the view of Cabo from the ship.
 Our gracious hosts!
 The captain of the ship happened to walk by us so I thought it would be fun to have a picture with him. After this picture he turned to me and told me "good luck in your new adventure" and made a gesture toward my belly. He totally thought I was pregnant! I most certainly wasn't, but oh well, I guess that's more motivation to lose a few more lbs! He was a very nice man though, so I wasn't too upset with him!
 In front of the sushi bar. David was thrilled about this little perk- all you can eat sushi! I am not a fan, so I just went along and hung out!
 All the boys, minus Sam and Dallin, did a canopy adventure so the rest of us walked around Cabo and did a little shopping. We got some killer deals on some great stuff. Becky and I made a great bargaining team!
 Outside Senor Frogs
 The twins! It's funny because they really look nothing alike for the most part, but in this picture they have the same clothes, hair, build, and smile! So cute!!
 Another view of Cabo
 At dinner! We had the most amazing food at every meal!
 Outside Senor Frogs in Puerto Vallarta
 The beach at Puerto Vallarta. It was so beautiful!
 Hanging out on the beach
 Awwww!
 Family picture on the second "formal" night.

 More trivia....
 So, anyone who has taken a Carnival Cruise knows about this AMAZING dessert. It really is that good! It's called chocolate melting cake and it is to die for! I got it every single night (except for one night and I totally regretted not getting it that night!).
 With our waiter, Maynard. He worked so hard and was such a kind person! We found out on the last night that he has three daughters back home in the Philippines that he Skypes with every night. (He has to pay for that out of his own pocket, too.) He works 7 months on the ship and then takes 3 off.
 All of us with our waiters
On the last night of the cruise they do a Carnival Legends Show. They have passengers audition for the parts and Daniel was voted to play the part of Elton John. He did so great! It was really fun to watch them!
 
On this trip we also swam with dolphins, which I don't have pictures uploaded to my computer yet, but it was unlike anything I have ever done! It was something I may never do again, but we had a blast!
Thank you Sam and Becky for treating us to such an awesome vacation! We are so grateful!

No comments: