Sunday, 27 December 2009
What's in a name??
I am just going to vent for a minute so bear with me! I feel like there is so much pressure to come up with a name for our new little baby girl. Obviously we will stick with the "A" tradition. I have come up with a couple name that I like, but when I tell people the names, sometimes I get comments about the names. If I suggest something to David sometimes he will say a word that sounds like that name and ruin it for me! I am getting so tired of trying to come up with a name. So I have made up my mind and I am not going to decide on a name for her until she is born. That way no one can tell me they don't like the name or try to change my mind because it will be too late. So don't get upset with me if I say that I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to offend anyone, but I am just getting frustrated. I really don't like to be negative about things, but this one subject is getting to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Here are some great "A" names: Angela, Amy, Alicia, Audrey, ANNA, Allison. Feel free to any of them:)
I know what you mean, I'm trying to find a name for our new little guy and I get the exact same thing...Good luck, I'm sure you'll find something great!
You need to use the "who cares what you think" attitude and pick the name YOU want! There are too many "opinions" in the world! The name will grow on everyone, whatever you pick....just enjoy your 4th little girl!! Congratulations!
Good for you Carmen! I am sure the name you pick will be perfect for your new little girl, you have done great naming the other 3 :)
Good for you! Once she is born, everyone will adore her name because they will adore her.
With naming my sons Nels and Jens, I always got interesting reactions (and still do occasionally). People can be a little rude, and a little weird. But no one who knows Nels and Jens would think that those are not perfectly good names! : )
I think the A thing is cute :) I saw your question on facebook and never put in my suggestions, so I hope you don't mind me sharing some of my favorites :) (and I will not be offended if you don't pick them)... AND can I just say that I feel your frustration? As a teacher, every name I ever adored has been ruined, so I have had to start coming up with some strange names for my future children lol! So here's some I like: Annalise or Anna, Alyse, Amelia (that is definitely my favorite right now!!) Annise, Anika... hope these suggestions help... and in answer to the middle name question, I *love* Joy as a middle name.... that is one I've had picked out for a girl for years!
Good luck... I'm sure whoever she is, she will be cute!
You have done just fine with names up to this point so I'm sure the name you end up giving baby #4 will be perfect, as usual. I'll try really hard to remember not to ask you about names.
Post a Comment