
This year for Abbey's birthday (two months ago) she wanted to have a friend party. I haven't let me kids have a friend party yet (mean, I know) because they are a lot of work! Another reason, is that we don't live near their school and I don't want to put anyone out by having to drive 15 minutes to get to our house, blah, blah, blah. Abbey decided she wanted to go ice skating with her friends. I figured that would be a good idea because the rink is close to the school so it wouldn't be too bad. She invited all her friends and was so excited to have a party. I think the thing she was most excited for the presents she would get. She wanted to have cupcakes for the party so I ordered gourmet cupcakes from So Cupcake on Highland Dr. They cost me about $30 for the dozen. I will not do gourmet cupcakes next time we do a birthday party, however, because Abbey's friends didn't eat them! They licked off the frosting and threw the rest away! They said they didn't really like them and one of her friends asked where the rings were. (The cupcakes that you get from the Walmart bakery come with plastic rings on the tops.) Next time that is what I will do! We had a great time and Abbey said that it was the best birthday party ever! (She doesn't really have anything to compare it to.)
No comments:
Post a Comment