Thursday, 14 April 2011

What's behind door number one?

I have had a lot of people ask me how I manage to fit 6 humans into such a small home. I though I would give you all a private view of just how it is done around here! Aren't you lucky??

We are going to start with the "linen" closet. Notice how it also houses some kitchen items.

Next we have this bad boy. This is a storage ottoman in the living room that hides the blankets, baby toys and who knows what else. I found a sippy in there the other day. It was an old one... with milk...yummy... See how much I can hide??
This is my indoor storage room. We have 3 industrial shelving units holding all the food storage.
Here is another view. This room is 11 feet long and 3 feet wide an it is FULL!
I bought this cube storage shelf at Target when we lived in our apartment downtown (now that was a small space...) I actually used the black cube drawers as storage for all of our socks (and no one ever knew that) and kept it in the living room there. Now it is in our bedroom and it hides other random crap.
See? Table cloths and place mats.
Remotes and our old cordless phone.
And baby items. Totally random but I know every little thing that is in the drawers!
This is Alyssa and Abbey's closet. One thing about my house is that there are NO dressers! We found these wire basket drawers at Ikea for $15 a set. They are perfect for what I need them for. All of my scrapbooks are also in this closet. And, yes, they have way too many clothes!
Here is a look at Avery and Anastyn's closet. Here we find all of our board games, most of my craft supplies and unfinished projects, baby blankets, and all of their clothes and dresses.
And now I will let you take a peek at my closet. Please don't judge me...

This is all of the shoes and the girls' dresses that don't fit in their closets. I have two of almost all of them.
Just over a year ago David and his dad installed my amazing closet for me! I measured the entire thing and drew up the plan of how I wanted it to look. We spent about a couple of hours on the closet aisle at Lowe's and purchased everything we would need. It took them an entire Saturday to complete, but it is beautiful and I will miss it when we move!
As you can see we used this space top to bottom!

Not pictured are all of the under-the-bed storage bins and our bookcases and I also want to mention that I have a bunch of other things that are stored in the basement of my parent's house. (Thanks Mom and Dad!) We also have another storage room off of the patio that is totally full of other things like the Christmas decorations, camping supplies, paint, and anything else I can stuff in there to forget about.

Now, aren't you so happy I let you in on my secret??

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I need to hire you to come organize our tiny shoe box house!! Good job!!

mh said...

I was going to say that too. Come do my house next!

Jamie said...

You go girl! You need to come to my house and help me draw up a closet for our bedroom...