BEFORE:
I have a new obsession (actually two of them, but this is just one of them). I love to refinish furniture. I found this blog called allthingsthrifty.com and it is awesome! You have to check out the site. She has the coolest ideas and is super talented! Anyway, I decided to start looking for things that could be redone. My mom has an end table in her family room and she so graciously let me totally change it. It no longer matches her family room but it looks awesome and I still need to take a picture of it. While I was in the process of changing the end table (in my parent's garage, because I don't have a place to do this hobby), I noticed that one of her neighbors was having a yard sale. I have been looking for a dresser that I can refinish for my girls to use. The lady doing the yard sale didn't have a dresser, but she had this chair. I wanted a chair for my small patio to dress it up a little and I couldn't pass this up. The best part??? She sold it to me for only TWO DOLLARS!! I just had to have it! I had visions of what it could be while I carried it back to my parent's house. I thought green would be a nice color for the outdoors so I bought some spray paint and some antiquing glaze and went to work. I love how it turned out! This whole project cost me less that $15! I am still on the lookout for that perfect dresser, but I need a bigger place anyway, so I must be patient!!
No comments:
Post a Comment