Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Obsession #2



Obsession #2 would be couponing. These are the goods from my latest shopping trip. I generally do my shopping at Smith's. If you watch for the sales and match the coupons up with the sale items, then you can get way better deals than shopping without coupons at Walmart or Winco. Plus they also have a sweet rewards program! If you use the rewards card each time you shop you will accrue a point for every dollar you spend. They also have double point items and 5 extra points for every reusable grocery bag you use. Then four times a year they send you a gold envelope with a coupon for the dollar amount of how many points you have. Mine this last quarter was worth $19! That is free money! If you really get to know the system, it can be your best friend. On this last shop I got some really sweet deals that I will share:

5 bottles of Kraft BBQ sauce for .14 (with coupon) each plus on the bottle there was a bonus coupon for $2 off a container of Kool-aid or Country Time lemonade which was on sale for $2 so it was free!


2 Freschetta frozen pizzas $4.49 each plus $2.50 off because of the coupons and then at the end I got $3 toward my next shopping trip for purchasing these. So the total cost was $3.48 for two pizzas!


10 boxes of pasta for FREE!


4 Reach Flosser started packs for FREE! (Because of the coupons I had, I actually was paid .50 to buy these.)


One of the boxes of cereal was only .24


4 cases of bottled water for $8


So, the total cost of this shopping trip was $53.73! I saved $98! I was so proud of all my hard work.


Another thing that I have been watching is the sales at Walgreen's. If you work at it, you can get some sweet deals there too. The weekly sales there start on Sunday, so I go at 6 am on Monday morning to get the best deals. I need to slow down though until we move because I am almost out of room to put things!

3 comments:

Chelsee said...

I wish I "couponed" Do you watch Extrem Couponing on TLC? Those people get almost everything for free. If I lived by you I would make you teach me how you did it. Its awesome!

Carmen Eggers said...

Chels- I love that show! The If you got into it you would be able to get deals like that. Stores here in Utah don't do double coupons and that is how those people get so much stuff for free. I am pretty sure there is a grocery store close to you that doubles coupons (most ones back east do). You should look into it!

Jamie said...

Where do you get your coupons from? Just the mailers or is there a website you use?