Friday, 4 May 2012

Lately..

Where the heck did the last two months go? Time seems to fly by so fast these days. I can't seem to slow down and take a breath! I thought I would give a little update as to what is going on in our lives lately. This might be a bit long, so I am not offended if you stop reading right here.

David has been working like crazy! I wish there were just one day that he would be home at the time he is supposed to be home, but there is a lot to do for his job, and we are grateful for his employment so I try to not complain too much! He is playing softball on the "family" team, Elwood's Army, again this year. He loves sports and really enjoys playing although he feels like he is getting too old to do the same things he used to do. He is currently serving as the Cub Committee chairman in the scouting program. It is a nice break from his old calling as the Elder's Quorum president in our last ward. He is such a great Dad and has been taking all of the girls on daddy-daughter dates. He takes them all individually once a month and they get to choose what they do. The girls love the time they get to spend with him and I love that he is trying so hard to be the best dad he can be. He grew up with all brothers so having daughters is different for him, but he is so good at it!

I have been super busy lately as well. I still work, but only about 4-6 hours a week. I have been doing that job for 8 1/2 years! I am currently serving as the Young Women's secretary and I love it! I haven't been in the Young Women's program since I was 18 so it is a fun new challenge! I have been going to the gym every morning at 5:30 for the past 9 months. I had a goal to lose 20 pounds before I turned thirty in February. I have lost about 15 pounds over all, but I know that the reason I haven't lost more is because I refuse to completely cut out treats. I am trying to lose at least 10-15 more as a goal for myself. I have had a few setbacks in my journey as well. I have gotten sick a couple of times so I missed almost the whole month of December at the gym. Also, I tore a muscle in my back so missed about three weeks at the gym and then had to start back slowly to be able to do the same things I was before. My plan was to start "boot camp" at the gym, but I hurt my back the week before I was going to sign up. I was really bummed about it!
Next week I am going on a trip with my best friend Anya, her mom, and her sister to California. I am so excited! Anya got tickets to the Ellen show and asked if I would come with her. Who would pass that up?? I very sweetly asked David if he would be okay with me going and he graciously said yes! In the meantime, we also got tickets to see the Jay Leno show and to a show put on by Cirque de Soleil. It is going to be such a blast! I have never been away on my own other than an overnight stay here and there. I am stressing about leaving David with the girls by himself for 4 days, but we have family close by, so it shouldn't be too difficult. The hardest thing is that I will be gone over Mother's Day so the girls are a bit disappointed.

Alyssa is still loving fourth grade. She has a best friend, Gracie, that she loves playing with. They get along so well. She still loves to read and you can find her with a book every night before bed. Alyssa is amazing at doing homework. She comes right in from school and pulls it out to get it done. I never have to remind her to do it! She is ten years old and growing so fast! I know big changes are right around the corner for her and have seen signs of it- meaning she can be SO moody! She is looking forward to the summer because she gets to go to Mill Hollow (summer camp) this year. She will be gone for three days, but I know she will love it. Her friend Gracie is going too, so she is happy about that.

Abbey is still crazy as ever- but of course in a good way! She also loves school and has an amazing teacher. I keep telling her that I wish this teacher could stay with her all through elementary school, she is just so great! She has trouble with turning in her homework though. She gets it done, but just forgets to turn it in. Her recent testing scores have placed her in the top 99% for her age so she qualifies again for the Advanced Learner Program at a different elementary school, but I am once again turning it down for a couple reasons, 1) I don't want to have to drive her 10+ miles away and 2) I don't think she could handle the stress. She has a hard time with big changes. She has an amazing imagination and is so creative. I am in awe of what goes on inside her head.

Avery is now three and keeps me on my toes. She loves to run! She told me the other day that I am good at catching her. She is like a little fox, she moves so quickly. I have had to learn to run really fast to catch her and try to think one step ahead of her. She has no desire to potty train and I have no desire to push it, so we are just waiting till she tells us she wants to learn. I learned with Abbey that she has to be the one to initiate it, otherwise it will be a nightmare. (Her and Abbey have super similar personalities.) Her favorite thing right now is to watch movies on the IPad or play games on my IPhone.

Anastyn is just such a little sweetie. Everyone loves her! Especially Trent (Hillary's boyfriend) who will be leaving on his mission soon. She will miss him like crazy! She loves to play with Avery and follows her around all the time. They are such cute little friends. She has also learned how to run fast and runs out the door if anyone leaves it open. Anastyn loves the bathroom which makes me and David crazy! She splashes in the toilet and climbs up to the sink to get into the water. We are pretty good about keeping the doors closed, but when we are at other people's houses she always manages to find the open bathroom door. She will turn two years old next week. I can't believe my baby is that old! I want her to stay little forever!

So that is us in a nut shell right now! We have a lot coming up that will keep us really busy! This June David's dad is taking all of his kids and their spouses on a Mexican Riviera cruise! We will be gone for nine whole days! I also have girl's camp in July and then our anniversary is in August! It will be a busy summer for us!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I haven't been around blog land very much! Good job on your weight loss! I have a certain size I want to be by my 33rd (gasp, 33!) in November so I'm throwing down the gauntlet with some friends this Friday, no refined sugar, caffeine, white flour, and to stop eating at 7:00 every night, until we do our Kiss me Dirty race in August..... Just to try and get things moving in the right direction. I hope you have so much fun on your cruise, that is SO awesome!!