Friday, 4 May 2012

Our "Red-Hot" Date

So the hubs and I decided it was time for another date, but this time we wanted to do something other than dinner and a movie. He came up with a really fun idea to have a "red" themed date. (He's so creative.) So we dressed up in our red clothes and headed out!

 We started at Target (because of the red bulls eye) and had to choose something red for the other person to wear during the whole date. He chose a Minnie Mouse looking headband for me. I had a hard time finding him something red that he would actually wear. The Angry Bird hat was a joke. I didn't want to completely embarrass him. They had some reddish pants that I almost made him try on, but I wanted to keep it cheap so I went with a red and white striped t-shirt.
 We decided to have lunch at Red Robin. I hadn't had a burger in a while and it sounded so yummy!
 I was going to take a picture of the food before, but I was too hungry and forgot, so this is what was left. I had a teryaki burger (YUMM!) and he had a guacamole burger.
 David's shirt
 The awesome headband

 We were going to go to Red Mango for dessert, but I had a gift card to Coldstone that my friend Kristin gave me for watching her cute kids. So we went there to save to save a little more money. However, in keeping with the red theme, we both had some sort of red berry dessert.
 Then we rented a Red Box movie to take home and watch later.
 We also needed some red candy to munch on while we watched our movie so we went to the grocery store and found some goodies (Red Starbursts and Licorice).
It was one of the funnest dates we have ever done! I have an amazing husband!



3 comments:

Chelsee said...

What a cleaver idea. I love it

mh said...

That is so super cute. I might have to borrow that one!
One of these dates we need to double!! =)

Tiffany said...

That is awesome!! Fun stuff!!