Wednesday, 17 December 2008

December is a busy time!

Wow! We have had so much going on and it is not over yet! Last week alone we had 4 Christmas parties. On Tuesday night we went to David's company party at Little America. They have the best food, I look forward to it every year. On Thursday night I had a Relief Society dinner and because I am the secretary, I had to be there early to help set up and cook the food. On Friday was my company party which we held in our office and had it catered by Famous Dave's. Saturday night was the ward Christmas party. We had lots of yummy food and the kids put on the Nativity program. It was really cute. The girls were both dressed as angels. Alyssa was so good and sang all the songs. Abbey on the other hand was such a ham! She kept playing with her halo and dancing to all the songs. Everyone got a kick out of it.

This week has also been busy, but for other reasons. Our new floors are finally being installed. The only problem is that I have to be home the whole time. They ripped out the old floor on Tuesday, then today they started the install. They got about halfway done today, so hopefully they will finish tomorrow. Then the carpet guy has to come and reattach the carpet to the wood floors down the hallway. I didn't realize it would be such a process! I am really thankful for everyone who has been helping me out with picking the kids up and taking them to school. My mom picked up Alyssa on Tuesday, and my mother-in-law picked up Abbey and Alyssa today. David came home from work this morning to take Alyssa to school. (If her school wasn't 20 minutes away, it wouldn't be such a problem.) I am really looking forward to being able to set up my tree this weekend, although I don't know when we will do that since we have a busy week ahead of us. Abbey has a primary party on Saturday and I also have a party to go to. Sunday we are celebrating Christmas with David's family, Monday we are having family pictures, Tuesday is Alyssa's 7th birthday, then Christmas..... You get the picture.

The pregnancy is going well for the most part, I am starting the countdown. About 6 weeks until I get induced. My back is out all the time, so it is really painful to drive, sit, sleep, just exist. It has made me really cranky (as my family will tell you). One of the doctors in the office I work at told me I should try swimming, but who wants to swim when it is only 30 degrees at the warmest part of the day? Plus, I don't have time! Sorry this is so boring... I just wanted to remember all that we have had going on.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

1 comment:

The Reimers Family said...

Hang in there and feel free to punch anyone who asks you when you are due!