
I found these pictures and thought I would post them. Abbey loves to play the computer! One night she was in our room playing and this is what we found when we decided to put the kids to bed. Abbey asleep with her hand still on the mouse. She also had her blanked wrapped around her. Maybe she was planning on sleeping there all night!Also, Abbey had her kindergarten appointment with the doctor last week. I decided not to tell her that she was getting shots because for those of you know Abbey, I would NEVER get her to leave the house! I just told her that the doctor needed to make sure she was healthy enough to go to kindergarten. Abbey's height is off the charts this time! She is in the 110% for her height and 90% for her weight. When it came down to the shots, she was really scared! I had her on my lap with my arms around her body to hold her arms still. The nurse poked her with the first needle and Abbey jerked. She had to pull out the syringe before she could give the vaccine. The nurse then went and got another nurse to come hold her legs still. Abbey is very strong and even with help I still had a hard time holding her. Abbey was screaming! I have never heard her scream like that before. After the shots were done, she said she thought she was going to die! It was so sad! I have never cried when my kids have had shots before, but I was really close this time.
We also got a letter from the Gifted and Talented Department of the school district and Alyssa was not accepted to the magnet program. It was actually kind of a relief because I really didn't want to switch her to a new school again, and after talking to my friends (who all seem to be teachers), it may not be the best option for her anyway. One piece of advice they gave me was that it is a real confidence booster to be the smartest kid in a regular class as opposed to being a smart kid in a class with all smart kids! So, needless to say I am glad the decision was made for me and I don't have to stress about it!
Another side note, I got Avery to laugh yesterday! It was so cute, I recorded it on my phone because I was the only one home and I wanted my family to be able to hear it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment