




On Labor Day we thought it would be fun to take a picnic into the mountains and take a "walk" through nature. We deciced to go up Millcreek canyon and find a good spot to eat our lunch. I guess the rest of Utah had the same idea as us, so there wasn't a good spot to eat. We ended up eating our lunch in the car. Lame, I know. Then we drove to a spot where we could find a trail. David and I are NOT experienced hikers by any means, so we really didn't know of a good trail to take. We drove into a parking lot at a trail head. We found what is called Desolation trail, which is very fitting. We started walking and we found the sign that said you could hike 2 miles to a Salt Lake Valley overlook. That didn't sound so bad, so we started hiking. It was a rough trail! It zigzagged up the side of the mountain and was pretty steep. Our fellow hikers were passing us going up and down the trail. The girls got so sick of hiking! We were probably just a few minutes to the overlook and both of them sat down and said they were done! On the way down both girls had to go to the bathroom. It's times like these that boys would be so much easier! Because the trail was so steep, you couldn't just walk off the trail to pee. We waited till there were no other hikers around and we let Abbey sit over a log and go potty. Once Alyssa saw what Abbey had to do, she decided she could hold it. We survived the hike, but we will do our research before we try it again. I really wanted to see the overlook so maybe David and I can go alone next time.
1 comment:
LOL That makes me laugh. I remember hiking when I was little and hating the outhouses so much. I did the squat thing several times and cursed boys for the convenience of their situation. Boys have it so much easier, standing when they pee, shirts off in the heat, strong muscles and taller statures. Why? They don't even know how lucky they are.
Post a Comment