Last weekend was a big one at our house! Abbey turned 6 on the 6th, I turned 28 on the 7th, and Avery turned 1 year old on the 8th!! It was pretty crazy! We had a big birthday party on the 6th and we were all so spoiled. Abbey got tons of new clothes, new Tag books, money, and lots of other fun things. Avery also got tons of new clothes, a baby Cabbage Patch doll, and a busy ball popper (which was the life of the party). We had a great time celebrating with all of our family.
Avery loved her cake, she was really mad at me when I finally took it away from her. She loves sugar just like her momma!
Avery also had her one year check-up last week. She weighs in at a whopping 18 lbs! She is in the 5th percentile for her weight. I forgot to check her height, but she is in the 75th percentile there. She has had a cold, but at the appointment I found out that it is actually an ear infection. We started her on regular milk and stopped using bottles. She has done really well so far. She started to take a few steps on her birthday, but she still hasn't mastered walking. She will just crawl if she wants to get anywhere because that is faster for her. We also bought her a new carseat. She can't face forward yet because they changed the carseat recommendations so that kids have to be 30 lbs and 2 years before they can switch. Usually we buy gender nuetral carseats since we always wanted more kids, but now that we know our next (and last) baby will be a girl, I went with a pink seat.
My actual birthday was on Superbowl Sunday. I was not really happy about that because the last thing I wanted to do was watch football on my birthday. It turned out ok though, we hung out with David's family. We had pizza and snacks and for my birthday cake we had Leatherby's ice cream cake. It was SO yummy!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday!! Looks like it was lots of fun!!
Are you serious about the carseat thing?? That is SO not cool! I always look forward to turning them around so that I can see them.... And if this baby is anything like Matthew it won't be facing forward until its 3!! Well at least I have a heads up!!
My doctor just got the updated guidelines from Primary Childrens and they say it is still 1 year - 20 lbs. You should look it up online or something, or else that is going to be a long, sad wait for poor Avery! :)
Post a Comment