Monday, 22 March 2010

Girls Getaway!!

L to R: Jen, Sharol, Me, Julie, Nicole, Jana, Amy Rachel, Emily, Suzy, Nicolette, Chelsea
Jana, Nicole, Julie, Me, Nicolette
Jana, Emily, Amy, Rachel, Suzy

This past weekend I was lucky enough to get to hang out with some awesome friends and enjoy a little getaway to Park City. Nicole came up with the idea to get all the ladies in the neighborhood that could go and stay a night at a hotel. I called the Landmark Inn in Park City and asked them if they had their family suite available. I have stayed there before when I went with all my Aunts, cousins and Grandma. The room was available for the weekend we wanted, but it was $389 because it is peak season right now. Well, I told them that I had stayed there before and we used that exact room and it was only $209 in October (because that is not peak season). To my suprise, she decided to give me the better rate because we had used that room before. I was so happy! The room sleeps 13 people and is very nice.
We had a great time there! We ate dinner at Baja Cantina and stopped over at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for a sweet treat for dessert. We all stayed up really late chatting and laughing! I went to bed a little earlier than some, but I just can't stay up all night when I am pregnant. And I knew that I would be up early, so I decided to get a little rest. Some of the ladies were up until 4:00 AM!! We had a fantastic time and it is so fun to get to know them all a little better. After breakfast at the hotel, we headed out for some shopping at the outlet mall. Most of us just bought our kids some new things, but it was fun to shop. I love buying new things for my girls. We finished off with lunch at Wendy's/Subway because we all spent our money on clothes. I really hope we make this a tradition and do it again next year! Thanks Ladies!


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

FUN!! Girl's weekends are the BEST and really do make us better mommies (in my opinion)!!

Salazar Family said...

Such a fun weekend! I agree that it should be a tradition!!

Nicole said...

I agree. Let's make it a tradition. Although, I think once a year isn't often enough. How about we make another trip up there in the fall??? Twice a year sounds better:)

TheRogersInUtah said...

I am all for another Girl's weekend in the Fall...maybe I could make it to this one :) I was so sad that I couldn't go!!