Monday, 29 March 2010

Easter Clothes




Yesterday we dressed up in our new Easter clothes for church. Well, all of us except Abbey. I bought the girl's dresses from Kohl's this year and got a really good deal on all of them. The girls were so excited to wear them. The problem was that Abbey wasn't listening (does she ever??). I asked her more than once to brush her teeth, which she pretty much refused to do. I told her that if she didn't brush her teeth, then she wouldn't get to wear her new dress. Well, you can tell who lost the battle. Abbey is wearing last year's Easter dress. I wasn't too thrilled with my dress though. I bought it online from Old Navy and I thought it was white not gray. It is really comfortable so I decided to keep it. David calls it my graffiti dress. David got a new tie and sweater vest and he looked so handsome! I have such a good lookin' family!
We have been really busy lately, I guess that won't change anytime soon! The pregnancy is still going well. Baby A.J. will be here in a matter of weeks! It has gone by so fast. We have decided on a name, but I am not going to post it yet. We have had a really hard time deciding on a name and part of the reason is because when I tell people a name that I like they make a comment or tell me they know a "home-wrecker" with that name, or something else. So, now David and I have agreed on a name (thanks, Julie!) and I don't want to hear any reason why we shouldn't use it. So stay tuned if your curious.
Last week I had SEP's with Alyssa's teacher. I love her teacher this year and I wish she could be Alyssa's teacher for the rest of elementary school. Alyssa is doing amazing in school this year. She is testing above all the average levels for where she should be. She is reading on a 4th grade level! We are so proud of her! Her teacher says that she is always doing what she should be and that she is really kind to everyone in the class. Her teacher says that she can trust Alyssa. Good job girl!
Abbey is really bored in school, so she is losing interest. I really think everything is too easy for her. Her homework is really simple. She loves to read, so I make sure she is at least reading books that are above kindergarten level so she is learning something new.
Avery is growing so fast! She is walking everywhere and is getting into everything! We now have to keep all the doors closed because she is so curious. She really loves splashing in the toilet. She has such a sweet personality and is happy all the time. My only issue with her is that she will only sleep in her crib. It makes it really difficult when we are visiting family during nap time and she absolutely refuses to sleep in a pack and play. She will literally cry for an hour if I put her in it. The only person she will let rock her to sleep is Daddy. He is her favorite! She lights up when he gets home. I think that it is supposed to be that way because when A.J. is born her world will be turned upside down.
David is almost done with his Associates degree in Math. We are still deciding whether or not to continue on for the engineering degree, but it is getting so hard because I need him at home more!

5 comments:

Julie said...

I think your dress is very cute!!! And as for the baby's name, I'm glad you like it, I thought it was adorable. :0)

Jana said...

I am definitely staying posted! Can't wait to meet you're new little one! You guys are such a cute family!!

Krystal said...

I like your dress... very cute! Sounds like everyone in your family is doing well.... can't wait to see little AJ :)

Tiffany said...

Love your dress, SO cute!! We are having an AJ too!! But he is going to be named after his daddy. Can't wait to see what your AJ stands for ;)

Andrea said...

What cute girls!!!