Thursday, 18 March 2010

Car Repairs...

A couple weeks ago as I was waiting for Alyssa to get out of school, a big van (bigger than mine) drove slowly by and lost control of one of the doors and slammed the front fender of my beautiful car. I was playing a game on my phone, so I wasn't paying any attention to the outside world when this happened. It scared the crap out of me! I got out of the car and got the neccessary info from the other driver. He and the passenger both felt really bad about what happened and they apologized. When the passenger got out he said, "That dent wasn't there before, was it?" I said "No it was not there!" I didn't feel the need to call the police since the damage was minor and there were no injuries. I drove home and then decided to call the police just to make sure that the other car was insured. I was definately not paying for this repair. The cop told me that they were indeed insured, so I called my insurance company and got the ball rolling. It took two weeks for the other people to finally contact their insurance (after they were called many times by the adjustor). So yesterday I took the can in to be repaired. As a rental, they gave me a 2009 black Chevy Tahoe. It was a gorgeous vehicle and I didn't really want to return it! David and the kids all suggested to me at different times that we should just let them keep our van and we would trade them for the Tahoe. It only took 24 hours to get our can back, but now it is good as new! I think I know what our next car will be though.

1 comment:

TheRogersInUtah said...

I have to say I was drooling when I left the house this morning and saw that SUV in your spot :)