Last weekend our ward had a Chili cook-off/Halloween party. Although we didn't win for best chili, Avery won for best costume! This year she was Albert Einstein. Her hair was the inspiration for this costume. David came up with the idea, and I went to work trying to find a lab coat that would fit her. I found one online and had them put "A. Einstein" on it. It took two weeks to come and it actually just came in the mail six hours before the party! I was so glad it came! We sprayed her hair with white hair spray and drew a moustache and glasses on her face. She won $25 and some pumpkin salt and pepper shakers! I had no idea they were giving away money, so that was a fun surprise. Everyone loved her costume and I can't even begin to tell how many comments we got on it! People kept asking if she had on a wig and when we told them that was her real hair, they were shocked.
On Saturday we decided to attend "Boo at the Zoo" with all the girls. They had a great time trick-or-treating there and seeing all the animals. We got even more comments on Avery's costume. Complete strangers came up to us and told us how adorable she was. After the zoo, we went to the Halloween carnival at SLCC. They also had a costume contest and once again, Avery won first place! This time she got a doodle pad and some glow sticks. That night we went trick-or-treating in the rain, but the girls loved it anyway. (Other that Abbey because she was grounded from going trick-or-treating.)
1 comment:
Love the pictures! Avery was totally cute! We went to Boo at the Zoo on Saturday too - sad we missed you! :) Isaak loved it and so did Krysti!
Post a Comment