
Born February 8, 2009 at 5:29pm
7 lbs 18 inches
Well, after a LONG pregnancy our little one has finally joined our family. She is so little! She has a very soft cry and hardly makes any noise. She is a great sleeper and is very mellow. She has stolen our hearts (especially Daddy's) already!
We went to the hospital to be induced at 7:30 on Sunday morning. I did not sleep well the night before so I was really tired. They got me started and things progressed rather slowly. When they first checked me, I was not dilated much and the baby was still high. I got the epidural around 1:00 in the afternoon and I was only dilated to about a 5. I slept most of the time I was in labor. My parents, my sister Hillary, and my brother Nathan all came to hang out with us while we were in labor. At about 5:00 they checked me again and they said I was fully dilated so they decided to start me pushing to see how things progressed. I pushed for two contractions and she was ready, so they called the doctor to come in and started to get everything ready. The doctor was still getting her gear on and I could feel a lot of pressure. I looked up into the overhead mirror and I could see the baby's head coming out all on it's own! I kept telling the doctor and the nurses to hurry over because she was coming out! I was not pushing because I wanted the doctor to be ready, so the doctor hurried over and sat on the side of the bed. They didn't even have time to break the bed down for a normal delivery. With the next contraction Avery came out by herself without my help. It was the easiest delivery I have had so far! I had some bleeding and clotting issues right after the delivery and I also developed a fever, so I had a rough time right after she was born, but all is well now and I am feeling a lot better. My mom was in the delivery room with us and she was very helpful after I had the baby and was not feeling well. Thanks Mom! Most of our family members were at the hospital that night to see the baby. We are so lucky to have such awesome families!
We came home on Tuesday afternoon and we have had some really yummy meals brought over. We want to thank everyone who has visited and prayed for us!
I am also very lucky to have such an awesome husband! He took the week off to help me out. He was up more last night than I was! After each feeding during the night he took the baby so I could sleep. He also pointed out that I have started snoring, which I have never done! I hope it is a side effect of the medication and that it isn't permanent! He is also taking the girls to school each day and running all the errands. I have been able to stay home and relax so it is really nice. He is the best!
We came home on Tuesday afternoon and we have had some really yummy meals brought over. We want to thank everyone who has visited and prayed for us!
I am also very lucky to have such an awesome husband! He took the week off to help me out. He was up more last night than I was! After each feeding during the night he took the baby so I could sleep. He also pointed out that I have started snoring, which I have never done! I hope it is a side effect of the medication and that it isn't permanent! He is also taking the girls to school each day and running all the errands. I have been able to stay home and relax so it is really nice. He is the best!

14 comments:
Congratulations Carmen!! She is beautiful!! And what a beautiful name... I love it!! Perfect!! I'm glad all went well and that you are both healthy!! We will get together after you guys have some recovery time!!
she is so beautiful... I'm glad the delivery went so smoothly! AND... on a side note, I am loving the name choice (why did you switch from Alivia?) I definitely love the name Avery more! Congratulations!!
Congratulations!!!
Congratulations you guys! She is adorable!! Im so glad that your labor went so well. Its so nice when you can enjoy them more like that!
What a great delivery! And way to go Dave for being such a good husband! I'm glad you and baby are doing well! She is simply beautiful!
Congratulations! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog so I could find you! She is so beautiful!! It's good to see how you are doing!
Yahoo! She's finally here! That is so crazy that she came out on her own, that's crazy! She is so beautiful, I'm glad everything is ok with both of you!
Oh my gosh, What a QT! Ccngrats Eggers Family.
Oh she is really cute! I am glad she is here now. Good luck to David with the snoring thing. haha-Chelsee
Yeah! Congratulations!
Cogratulations! She is beautiful. I love her name! I can't believe she delivered so easily at the end! How hard to have those complications after the birth though! I'm glad David has been taking such good care of you. I'm excited to see the baby!
Congratulations. Cute baby, cute kids. I hope to have an awesome delivary like yours was. Mine wasn't bad, but hey, I can hope for something easier and better right? I'm so happy for you.
Oh I am so glad she is here! Congratulations! I need to come and visit you, sometime without my kids! I am so jealous that she came so easily, that is great!
So cute friend! I know I'm a little late... Hope you get better! We are prayin and thinkin of ya! Let us help! she is an angel
Post a Comment