Friday, 6 February 2009

Happy Birthday Abbey!




Today is my baby's birthday! I can't believe she is already 5 years old! She has been counting down the days till her birthday for 2 weeks. She has been so excited all day. She told me this afternoon, "I just can't stop being excited!" She makes me laugh so hard! This morning we let her open her gifts from us, we got her a Crayola Magic Light Brush and a Leap Frog Didj. I really wanted to get her the light brush for Christmas, but I couldn't find them anywhere! I saw one at Wal-mart a couple weeks ago and snatched it. She loves it already. We found the didj at Circuit City for $43.00 on their clearance shelf (which is basically every shelf since they are going out of business). I didn't realize how good of a deal we got until I saw the price at Target today. They normally sell for $80-$90! I was happy we got it for such a good price. We tried to find a game to go with it at Wal-mart last night, but they didn't have any games, so I decided to take her shopping at Target to pick out the game she wanted. She picked a Spongebob game and has been playing on and off for about 3 hours! She keeps telling me how much she loves it and wants to take it everywhere. After we went to Target, she wanted to have lunch at McDonald's and made sure I let her play on the playplace. We usually hit the drive-thru so she never gets to play. Tonight we are going to have a family party at Grandma Jeri's house for cake and ice cream.

A few things about Abbey:
* She is in preschool and loves it! Except for Mondays, she doesn't like to go on Monday because there is no show and tell. She even told her teacher that!
* She loves to read! She is actually a pretty good reader and amazes me all the time. She picks up on everything that her big sister is learning. It is hard to believe sometimes that they are over two years apart.
* She loves art. She loves to get out her paint set and make pictures. She will sit for hours painting or coloring with her colored pencils.
* She has such a personality and she says things that make me laugh everyday. I am so lucky to be her mom!
* She has a really big heart. She doesn't like to see people sad. She makes friends wherever she goes.
* She gets away with everything because she is so stinkin' cute!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBEY! WE LOVE YOU TONS!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday Abbey! Remember when we used to load Hilary in the stroller and walk all the way to McDonalds?! Those were the days. Even after working there for over a year, I still love it! I'm such a kid.

Salazar Family said...

Happy Birthdya Abbey! Issak got that magic paint brush thing for Christmas and Loves it! Abbey is so cute, I love having her in my primary class! And I have noticed that she is quit the artist. Im glad she had such a fun day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Abbey and to you!! And best of luck tomorrow. Hope all goes well and quick. We can't wait to see Alivia! (did I spell it correctly?)