Tuesday, 24 February 2009

My Trip Back to the Hospital...

This last Friday I started feeling really sick. I rarely get sick, so it was strange for me. I felt extremely light headed and nausiated. I also had a headache and I was cold and hot at the same time. I figured I had a fever, but the batteries were dead in the thermometer, so I couldn't take my temp. David got off work early, so when he came home I had him change the batteries and see what my temp was. It was 102.7! I haven't had a fever like that since I can remember! I called my OB's office to talk to the nurse, and after she talked with the doctor on call, they said I needed to come into the office. The nurse told me I needed to be there in 40 minutes. I had been in bed all day, so I was a mess and the kids were still in the clothes they slept in. I had to hurry to get ready and get them ready and find a place for them to go until my mom could come pick them up. I got up to get ready and while I was changing my clothes our phone rang. It was my neighbor Rachael just calling to see if she could bring us dinner and to see if we needed her for anything. David told her she must have been inspired to call because he had to take me to the doctor and we needed someone to watch the girls. It was such great timing!

Well, when we got to the doctor's office, after she checked me over, she said that I could have a uterine (sp?) infection that was probably something left over from having the baby. She said I needed to be admitted to the hospital and be on IV antibiotics for at least 24 hours and after that I still couldn't leave the hospital until I didn't have a fever for another 24 hours. I was glad it was the weekend because it was easier to have our family take care of our kids for us. David spent the weekend with me in the hospital so that I could have the baby with me so I could still feed her. It was really weird to be back there again and I am glad it is over! My fever broke during the night on Saturday night, so I was able to be discharged late Sunday night. I didn't want to spend any more time there than necessary. We came home at 10:00 on Sunday. I am feeling better, but still not quite 100%. I have really awesome friends, family, and ward members who are bring meals in again. Thanks everyone!!

4 comments:

Krystal said...

glad you're home from the hospital and resting...hope you keep getting better!

Mindy said...

I hope you get to feeling your best soon. I am so sorry you got sick, that would be tough.

Nyall and Jennifer said...

How scary! I'm glad you're home again. David was outside with the baby in the carrier on Sat. and I got to see her! So tiny and so darling! Hope to see you soon!

Staci said...

Oh my goodness, it is such a big and Emotional thing to have a brand new baby, and then to get sick and have to go back to hospital. I am so sorry. I will keep you and your cute fam in my Prayers.