Monday, 9 March 2009
FINALLY!
We had a great weekend. On Saturday we went to Golden Corral for Grandma Eggers' 82nd birthday lunch. Everyone went nuts over Avery and how little she is. Let's just say there were a lot of grandmas in the room! After our lunch we decided to go to Babies R Us to get a new diaper bag and a couple other things that we were still in need of for the baby. When we were done shopping we (meaning I) really wanted to go car shopping. We have been talking about it for months and we have just never made the time to go in. The main reason we didn't want to go is because we didn't have a good experience when we bought our last car, so we didn't want to go through all of it again. You know..pushy salespeople...paying too much...all of that garbage. I called my parents to see if they would take the older girls so we could go look. David REALLY did not want to go and he told me NOT to call my parents. He was mad at me at first, but because I was driving he didn't have a choice. I drove to my parents and dropped off the girls. We went down to Ken Garff down the street, because that is the closest dealer to my parents house, to see what they had. We told the salesman that we were looking for a minivan and he asked us if we wanted top of the line or something basic. We told him maybe somewhere in the middle. He took us over to see a 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan that to us seemed totally decked out, DVD player, satellite radio, 6 disc changer, stow and go seating, basically everything but leather seats. I asked the price and he said it starts at 28,000! I said that was a little out of our price range (WAY out of our price range), so I asked if he had anything used and a little less expensive. He told us to test drive the new one while he checked the inventory. It was a nice car, but way too nice for us! After we got back to the lot he showed us a 2007 Caravan. It was clean, but kinda smelled funny. So we drove it anyway and when we got back we decided to see what they could do for us on our trades and see if it would work out for us financially. While he was talking to the manager, they found another van that was a year newer and not much more money. We really wanted a 2008 because they have a newer body style, but we didn't think we could afford one. After they showed us the "numbers" we figured we could get the newer one and make it work. So after twisting David's arm to get him to go car shopping, we found a good deal on a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan! It is also the color I have always wanted- RED! I was so excited! It is a really nice car and it fits all of us and all the car seats. So we finally took the plunge and got a bigger (much needed car).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
that's funny... the one thing I have totally HATED for the last 5 years is the color of my car - Maroonish red... I hate it!!! But it was the car I wanted and in my price range, so I got it... but I still hate the color! But congrats on getting such a good deal on the trade and everything. I bought my current car as a graduation present in 2004, so I think when I get my masters it will be time for another present :) (except, I really want a house this time!!) Can't wait to see a picture of the new van.
Congrats on the new van!! We need to make that leap sometime soon! We are so packed into our truck! It is so funny that the cab is filled with 3 car seats!! I am happy for you!!
It's funny you had to twist David's arm to go car shopping....Chad and I are totally the opposite. When we got our car I was so mad Chad made me go look at cars. I absolutely hate car shopping and Chad has to drag me kicking and screaming to the dealership. Congrats on the new car.
Congrats on the newest, reddest Egger! I am so jealous, I really want to become a real mom and get a van!
Oh I am jealous. I need you to show me the persuasion moves. Jon would NEVER go for getting me a new car... but I would really like one :) You are a lucky lady. Nice new car, way cute kids, nice husband who lets you get a car, and you're so beautiful! Can I be you? :)
Post a Comment