Friday, 27 March 2009

New pictures and an update on life..






I took the girls to get some pictures done today since I haven't had any pictures taken of the baby. The last time I had their pictures done was two years ago, so we really needed some new ones. I also wanted to get some of Avery in her blessing dress. I love how they turned out! I really wanted to get Avery to smile, but she wouldn't! She started to get upset, so we just took what we could get of her. I think I have the cutest girls!
I promised Alyssa and Abbey that if they were good while we were getting the pictures that we would get a soft pretzel while we were at the mall and then go to the Living Planet Aquarium. We had a great time at the aquarium and when we walked out Abbey said "that sure was a super fun time!"
Things have been going well, Alyssa took a gifted and talented test last Saturday to see about getting into a magnet school in the area. It basically means that if she tests well enough, she will go to a different elementary and be in a class specifically for gifted and talented students. We won't find out until the middle of May if she is accepted. I also applied to get the girls into Monticello Academy Charter School and we should find out in the next couple of weeks if we got in there. If we are accepted there, that is where the girls will go regardless of Alyssa's test scores for the magnet school.
Abbey is loving preschool, they are getting ready for the big program at the end of the year. She is going to play Cinderella (I think) and she will also sing the Winnie the Pooh song. She loves to sing when no one is watching, so I am curious to see if she will actually perform at the program.
Avery is also doing well, she got over her cold and she is growing like crazy. She doesn't see the doctor again until the end of April and I am anxious to see how big she is. She is sleeping most of the night, she gets up to eat at about 2:00 or 3:00 am and then gets up again around 6:00 am. She usually goes back to sleep for a few more hours, but that is when I start my day, so I have to stay up. Otherwise, I would sleep with her. She is so much fun to have around and she is lucky to have such fun big sisters that love her so much. Abbey gives her about a hundred kisses and hugs a day. They both love to hold her and try to make her smile. I wish she could stay little forever!

5 comments:

Krystal said...

those pictures are sure cute! I hope the gifted test went well for Alyssa; Fox Hills has a great program... (I just finished my gifted endorsement and teach the gifted cluster for my grade). I have a few students who tested for it also. I am curious about your decision for Monticello though... I've not heard anything positive from parents or teachers there, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

The Reimers Family said...

Those are so darling!! What sweet memories!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Beautiful girls!!!

Meet the Queen said...

You do have the cutest girls, they are absolutely adorable with each other. Thanks for sharing.

Nyall and Jennifer said...

I love the pictures! I saw the older girls in their dresses- it must have been the day you had their pictures done. They said, these are our Easter dresses and we're not supposed to be on the playground with them on. And they turned around and went home. I love their hair too. The baby's growing! I've really thought a lot about a charter school for Cambria- I'll have to talk to you more about it.