Sunday, 16 August 2009

6 months old!

Our little Avery is 6 months old now! She is such a sweet baby and I can't imagine life without her. She is starting to sit up on her own, though she is still a little unstable. She loves to roll around and she is happiest when she is on her tummy. She smiles all the time and she rarely cries. She sleeps about 9 hours at night so I get plenty of rest. We had her six month check-up last week and she is now up to 14 lbs (15%). So she is a small fry! I don't remember her height or her head size, but they were both in the 50%. She had to get two shots and she only cried for a couple minutes. She ended up just falling asleep as soon as we got in the car. One thing I found out at her appointment though is that they changed the car seat requirements, so kids now have to be rear facing until they are 30 pounds instead of 20. At the rate Avery is going, she might be two years old before she reaches that size.

I also had an MRI done on my wrist because it has been bugging me for a couple of years. Just over a year ago I had a cyst removed (sucked out) from my wrist and I thought that was the problem, but I still have weakness and sometimes it hurts. I figured since I have already met my out or pocket amount (from having Avery) for my insurance that this would be a good time to get the MRI since it wouldn't cost me anything. The cost of an MRI is about $1000 for each body part that gets scanned. One of the doctors I work for thought I may have a torn ligament and having an MRI would show that. Luckily, nothing major is wrong with my wrist, but there is some fluid in my joint. My boss (Dr. Fotheringham) said that he could do an injection of human growth hormone and that should help. I will probably have that done next week. After an injection you have to take it easy for a couple days or you could make the damage worse, so I need to have it done close to the weekend so I will have David around to help me.

1 comment:

TheRogersInUtah said...

I didn't know they changed the car seat requirements...might be nice to turn Brielle around so she can't kick my seat :) Too bad her knees would be in her chin..how safe is that?? Avery is such a doll!!