Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Lately...

We have been really busy this summer! It feels like as soon as we get home from somewhere we have to pack up to go somewhere else! We went to Reno/Lake Tahoe in June, Sigurd for the 4th of July weekend, Bear Lake for the 24th and then David and I are going to stay a night at the Alaskan inn for our anniversary next weekend. Yesterday was David's 31st birthday! We got him a BYU watch, t-shirt, and golf towel. He also wants to get an IPOD, so he is saving his b-day money for that. We went to Winger's for his birthday dinner and enjoyed the asphalt pie for his birthday dessert.

It has been a crazy week for us, Abbey got the "24 hour" bug that was going around the neighborhood and was really sick most of Friday and Saturday. Alyssa got it from her and was sick last night. They are both really anxious to start school, but I am not because I am not looking forward to taking them and picking them up multiple times during the day since Abbey will be in kindergarten and Alyssa in 2nd Grade. It will be a rough year. Avery is just about 6 months old and is getting big way too fast! She is rolling over and she does some kind of back crawl where she scoots on her back to get places. It is really funny to watch. She hasn't mastered sitting up yet, she is still pretty wobbly. She will have her 6 month check-up next Tuesday, so we will see how she is growing. I am concerned about her spitting up though, so I am going to talk to the doctor about reflux. She spits up every time she eats. I have tried 3 different types of bottles and even switched her formula to soy. Nothing seems to be helping, so I am going to ask the doctor about that.

I also got to take Alyssa to the Oquirrih Mountain Temple open house. Abbey was sick, so David stayed home with her and Avery and I just took Alyssa. It was so pretty, but a lot of walking. We went around to the front and took some cute pictures. Alyssa told me that I should put them on Facebook! I must be on there too much! It was pretty cute. Thanks Alyssa for the mommy-daughter date! I had a great time!

1 comment:

Yorgason said...

hey carmen-

how are you doing wow it's been like 6 years ha lol!!!crazy i saw that you had a blog and so do I. www.yorgasonfam.blogspot.com. but it looks like you are doing well three girls that are so cute..where are you guys living now? I live in taylorsville we just bought a house here a year ago.and I am still on call at r.cwilley believe it or not and still always drama lol..but I work for jetblue and have been there 4 almost 5 years now.I have four kids two girls and two boys and it's pretty busy but love it you'll have to keep in touch take care