Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Peterson Reunion 2010

This year for our annual Peterson Family Reunion we stayed in town instead of going camping. We had such a blast! We started out on Friday night doing "Minute to Win It" games and watching the movie "Up" together as a family. Sadly, I have no pictures because I thought I left my camera at home, but turns out I had it with me the whole time! Oh well!
Saturday began with a family 5k run. David decided to participate even though he does not run. He figured that since he has been doing P90X, he would have enough stamina to run the race. He came in 5th place out of about 17 people. I was really impressed! Plus he is super competitive, so I figured he would do well. After the run we had breakfast, which was dutch oven omelets and sticky buns. It was delicious!


Grandpa and Grandma Pete rented a bounce house for the whole day to keep the little ones entertained. They loved it!

Avery playing all by herself.


After breakfast we had out annual horse shoe tournament. I was partnered with my cousin Trent and we did okay the first game, but still lost and then we were slaughtered the second game.



The park had a merry-go-round which also kept the kids busy.
Avery playing ball alone.
After lunch it rained a little so we played some card games and David took Avery home for a nap. When he came back they decided to play softball.

Anastyn chilled in her bouncy chair for most of the day. She was being passed around for the rest and loved all the attention. I loved the break!
This was at the end of the day. It rained three times during the day and Avery decided to splash in the puddles. She was a mess as you can tell. In fact all the girls clothes had to be thrown away by the end of the day. They got so dirty that the stains would not come out. I was a little bummed because the shirts that Alyssa and Abbey were wearing were brand new.

For dinner we had grilled steak and lots of different salads. It was such a good dinner!
It was a long day, but it was so much fun to spend time with my awesome family. There are so many of us and we always have a great time when we are all together! Til next year!!

No comments: