Friday, 23 January 2009

"I want my tooth out now!"

So Abbey has had a loose tooth for a little while and we just noticed a few days ago that the tooth behind it is growing in. This always stresses me out, because I don't want my kids' teeth to be too crooked. (This also happened to Alyssa. Her teeth are fine though.) Since we discovered the new tooth coming in, we have been trying to get the loose one out. Abbey keeps telling us "I want my tooth out now!" David and I had both tried to pull it out, but it was just too small to grab. Finally this morning I was able to get a grip on it. I yanked it out and Abbey started bawling! She cried for 5 full minutes. I felt bad for her, but she ended up excited that she gets to leave it under her pillow for the tooth fairy. I can't believe how much she is growing up! Alyssa also lost her first tooth when she was this same age.

As for an update, everything else is going well. Alyssa is being tested for the gifted and talented program next week at school. Her teacher thinks she needs to be challenged a bit more and I agree. She is a little smartie pants. We are really proud of her.
The pregnancy is still going.... I will be induced on the 8th of February (my doctor says the 5th is too early...3days???). So 16 more days to go, unless by some miracle I go into labor on my own before then.
David is taking a math class and an on-line Chemistry class this semester. He has lots of homework, but he always stays on top of it all! He is so great! We are hoping to spend next weekend getting the bedrooms rearranged so the baby has a place to sleep. I have been putting it off, but I figure a week before she comes is a great time to get ready!

1 comment:

Krystal said...

you should bring Alyssa to my school next year... I am the gifted teacher for second grade and my class is so fun! (at least, I think it is!!) It's definitely worth the testing to keep her in those classes though, regardless of whether or not she's really "gifted"; I find that my class has far less behavior problems than the other classes in second grade. Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of the next little cutie!