I have been meaning to blog about Avery's blessing this whole week, but I have been very busy! (Mostly I have just been outside with the kiddos and the other moms in the community enjoying the awesome weather!) Avery was blessed this last Sunday by her Daddy and it was a great day. He did an amazing job, it really was a beautiful blessing. I can already tell that Avery has a very special spirit. We had a luncheon at my parent's house with our grandparents, parents, siblings, and a few close friends. It was a really beautiful day! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of Avery in her blessing dress. Right after we got to my parent's house she had a blowout diaper and was a mess! I had to put her back in the dress she had originally worn to church that day. I also forgot my camera so these are the only pictures of the occasion. All of these pictures were taken by Abbey too! She is actually really good at taking pictures and she loves to do it. Anytime she sees a camera she picks it up and starts taking random pictures. We have to keep the camera put away or we would be replacing the batteries all the time!
The day before Avery's blessing was a very busy day. The girls had a primary party in the morning, David and I had tickets for the Desert Star theater, and we celebrated David's mom's birthday. I also had to get everything ready for the blessing, take and pick up David's suit from the cleaner's, give all the girls a bath and cut David's hair. I couldn't feel my feet by the end of the day! It was a great day though. It was fun to be able to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday with David's family. We wished Joe and Jamie and Justin could have been there, but we still had a good time.
I can't believe it is almost summer! Alyssa is almost done with first grade! She is growing up so fast. She will be turning 8 this December. Abbey only has a few weeks of preschool left. She has her program coming up on the 11th of May. I can't wait to see it! She loves to sing, but she only sings when she thinks no one is listening. I hope she gets up there and sings her heart out! Avery has her two month check up on Tuesday (even though she is closer to three months old). The doctor is very busy and he was booked clear through April and I made her appointment the day we left the hospital (Feb 10th)! David is playing on two softball teams this year and sometimes fills in on a third team when they are short some players. He loves sports and I love that he can do the things he enjoys. We love to watch him play. He has his finals coming up next week and then he is taking the summer off school and I am thrilled! It will be nice to see him more. I am staying busy just being mom! I feel like I am in the car all day long (really it is only about 3 hours a day ;)). I am looking forward to school being out so I don't have to drive so much. I still love my job, and I am happy that I get to take Avery with me. She is such a trooper and she spends more time in her carseat than out of it. I hope she continues to love her carseat or I will be in big trouble.
3 comments:
Carmen, You do so much and do such a great job of balancing everything! I'm so amazed and admire you so much! Avery's beautiful. Jen
Those are really good pics way to go Abbey. Did I ever thank you for sending the announcement? If not thanks it was really cute:)
Avery is so beautiful!! Well, all of your girls are beautiful!! (And you:)) Reading about the things you do makes me want to do more with my girls :) What a good wife/mom you are! How close is David to being done with school? Derick just started back...tell me that there is light at the end of the school tunnel...!
Post a Comment