David has literally been begging for a Wii for about two months. We thought about getting one for Easter, but after the Priesthood session of conference ( I don't know who, but someone mentioned not spending money on "unnecessary" things) he thought maybe it wasn't a good idea. And really we just didn't have the money to get one. The real problem with buying a new game console is all the "extra" stuff you have to get! Nintendo really likes to nickel-and-dime you big time! Well thanks to Aflac and an unexpected hospital stay two weeks after the baby was born, we are now proud owners of a Wii system. I really wanted to get the Wii Fit, so I got one. (I figured I deserved it since I was the reason we get the extra money.) When I had talked to Aflac after my second hospital stay they told me that I might get $100 per day since the bulk of the money they only pay once a year and I got that money from when Avery was born. When I checked the mail on Monday, we had a nice surprise from them, $1115! I couldn't believe it! I told David that since we weren't expecting to get that much, we could finally get a Wii, and he was so happy! I must say that I love Aflac and I will definately sign up with them again if we decide to add more kiddos to the family. I love that you can make money from an insurance company instead of paying money for insurance you may never actually use! It is great!
I also took Avery for her two month check up yesterday and she is doing awesome. Here are her current stats:
10 lbs. 14 oz (50%)
23 1/2 inches (75%)
15 inches around her head (40%)
She had to have two shots and the drink for Rotavirus (sp?). She did really good. When the nurse gave her the first shot she shook her head and seemed okay, but when she got the second one she started wailing! She was not happy! She calmed down pretty quickly and fell asleep as soon as she was back in her carseat. She was a little fussy last night, but she seems to be her normal self most of the time.
4 comments:
Don't you hate getting their shots! It's so sad! That's really cool about your surprise money!
holy cow... hunter has already out grown avery, he's getting so big!!!!
That's awesome. I was going to do that insurance thing when I had my first kid and never did it. I wish I had. Enjoy your Wii.
We got a Wii and Wii fit for Christmas from my mother-in-law and we love it! yay for Aflac! ;) Enjoy!
Post a Comment