



The Easter Bunny visited our house on Saturday morning and hid some eggs around the living room. The girls woke up at 5:00 am. I guess it was my fault since I told them the Easter Bunny would be visiting. I made them wait unitl 6:30 to hunt for the eggs. The girls were having a lot of fun finding them. They also got some new jammies, a new outfit, and too much candy.


We then headed to our church for the ward Easter egg hunt. They also had breakfast for everyone. Once again we had a great time.


The reason we do the Easter Bunny on Saturday is so that we can focus on the real meaning of Easter on Sunday. When we got home from church we sat around the kitchen table and David gave us a lesson on the Resurrection and the Atonement. The girls had already learned most of it during primary, so they were able to add to the lesson. It was great. After the lesson we decided to watch "The Testaments" video. I was glad that we could feel the spirit of the holiday and remember the reason we celebrate and reflect on all Christ has done for us. We then went to dinner at my parent's house and we ate what everyone else in Utah was eating- ham and funeral potatoes. We also had rolls, deviled eggs and corn. The dinner was great and it was fun to hang out with our family. I wanted to take some family pictures too, so we did that as well. The girls are so cute! Avery loves to smile, but sometimes she makes funny faces. The picture of her is her smile. I love it!
Just as a side note, the girls did not get in to Monticello Academy, so we will wait and see how the Magnet school testing went. I am to the point now that I just want to leave Alyssa in the school she goes to now and have Abbey join her there. We will see though....

4 comments:
I love the picture of Avery smiling. She looks like she's winking and smiling.
I am grateful that they are learning something in Primary. Sometimes you wonder if any of them are getting anything.....
Avery's smile is so cute! What a beautiful family!
I laughed when you said you ate what everybody in Utah was eating because we too had ham, funeral potatoes and homemade rolls...hmmmmmm go figure LOL...but it was so good! Your family is adorable for sure!
Looks like you guys had a great Easter. Isn't it such a wonderful holiday? I love every second of it. Your girls are adorable, and Avery is getting big already! It's heartbreaking how fast they grow before your eyes.
Post a Comment