Sunday, 2 May 2010

9 days!

Now I can say that I am only days away from having this baby girl on the outside of my body! As of May 11th I will no longer be pregnant! I can't wait. I love giving birth and I am actually looking forward to it. Not only because I HATE being pregnant, but I feel like it is something only I can do! However, we are not ready at all for this. Yesterday David and I were discussing everything we still have to do to get ready. I have a list a mile long that needs to be finished and I can barely move. It is funny how different it is preparing for your first baby as opposed to your fourth. We were prepared months in advance for Alyssa to be born, and this time I don't have a thing ready to go. I am really stressing about what to do with the other kids while I am in the hospital. You don't realize how busy you are as a mom until you have to arrange for someone (or lots of people) to replace you for a few days! It is madness! I am sure everything will work out though. I have an amazing family that I know will take great care of my girls while I am relaxing in the hospital.

5 comments:

Courtney Ekman said...

How exciting! Good luck! I laughed when you talked about "relaxing" in the hospital. : ) You'll have to plan a trip to Washington soon so we can show you how to REALLY relax. : )

Nicole said...

OoOoOoHhHhHh, I am thrilled for you! I know you already have lots of help, but please let me know if you need anything. You will do great Carmen! I also love labor and delivery, so I am jealous. Have so much fun Carmen!

Julie said...

Maybe you'll get that last minute burst of energy to get things done, I always did...and just think after she's born you'll have SO MUCH more energy, it will be amazimg. I'm with you, labor day is always my favorite, it's such an exhilarating experience, I'm always so proud of myself after it's over. :) I'd be glad to help with anything you need, hang in there, the end is in sight.

Marcy said...

Only 9 days! Yea!!! I would be more than happy to take the girls to school, come and move things for you (I'm still pretty mobile for now), or whatever else you may need some help with. Please don't hesitate to ask. Even if it's just finding a shoe. :-D
I remember the 'last days' of being pregnant and dinner was so nice when Kristen brought it over. After the baby it seems like things are much easier than before. So, I would like to bring your family dinner this week to help out before things hit. What would be a good day?

Anonymous said...

Yay! So close to being done! I have my hands full with two little girls. I cannot imagine four. You are wonder woman. Best of luck! I am excited for you. So close....