Wednesday, 19 May 2010

I Will Not Survive...

Tomorrow David goes back to work. I could just end the post right there. 'Nuff said! I am so glad he took off so much time to be home with us. It has been so great to have his help with taking kids to school, holding the baby so I can sleep, and changing all of Avery's diapers (he doesn't like to change "little butts" so that is my job, which is fine by me). As of tomorrow I will be doing it all on my own during the day. I am terrified! Avery is all over the place and into everything! The only time she stops moving is when she is napping. I generally don't mind it, but when I am nursing the baby I have no control over her to stop her from getting into everything. We will see how things go tomorrow. Hopefully I will make it through this, my house might not, but I might...


On a side note, Avery had her 15 month check up today and she is doing great! She weighs 20 lbs 8 oz. She had to have one shot but she only cried for a minute. She is talking like crazy too, she is a little parrot and she tries to mimic everything we say. A few things she says are
*dado (daddy)
*mommy
*Abbey
*hi baby
*bipee (sippy)
*hi
*she will also sing the "Happy Birthday" song with me.
*ello (hello)
She is a feisty little girl but we love her!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good Luck! I can't imagine being in your shoes, it makes me thankful that my youngest is 4. Its the worst when daddy goes back to work....
You can do it!!

Krystal said...

good luck, Carmen!! Hang in there...

Anonymous said...

Carmen,
How can I help? Can I take Avery for you for a little while? I don't know how you do it! I am just learning how to survive with half as many kids as you!
Good luck on the 'big day' (I, too, dreaded the day Charley went back to work...).
Thinking of you!

Nicole said...

Carmen, I would also LOVE to take Avery! Kohen would have a blast playing with her. Although, Kohen has been quite sick lately, so maybe we should wait until next week. None the less, I would seriously LOVE to have her. We could use a little more estrogen around here anyway! I have been meaning to come over for a visit, but we've been in hospital with Kohen. Sad. He is on the road to recovery though, so I am hoping to see you and your beautiful girls soon!

Julie said...

Grant is dying to have Miss Avery over to play, I'm serious, he told me...ok, not in so many words but I know what he means. We'd be glad to take her any day, or every day for the next little bit if you'd like...just say the word. Also, I'd be glad to bring over some child proofing gear as well and help you to contain the mayhem if you'd like. :)

Amy said...

Congratulations, Carmen! I'm so glad you have a blog so I can stay up-to-date with your cute family. Good luck with the 4 kids. I'm due for #3 to come in 6 weeks and you give me hope.