Wednesday, 21 July 2010

How I Clean My House

I know you are all dying to know how I clean. I call it "A-D-D" style. I usually start with laundry. I start the washing machine and then take the clothes out of the dryer. (The clothes in there have usually been there since the last time I did laundry. I NEVER fold the last load.) I start folding them and realize that I started that washer and didn't put any clothes in. So I return to the laundry room to put the clothes in. Back to folding. I then come upon something that needs to be hung in the closet before it wrinkles so I head in there for a hanger. While in the closet, I notice how unorganized it is so I start taking things out and making everything look nice. I find a toy that belongs to my girls so I take it to their bedroom. While in there, I notice all the little toys that pose a choking hazard for Avery, so I start cleaning all them up. In the middle of that I find a hair bow that Abbey wore the day before so I take that to their bathroom. I then notice that the bathroom sink is really dirty so I get out the cleaning supplies and start scrubbing the bathroom. They have a cup in there that they use to rinse their mouths that needs to be washed so I take it to the kitchen. I notice that the sink is full of dishes, so I unload the dishwasher so that I can re-load it. (I never unload the dishwasher until I need to fill it again.) After I finish loading the dishwasher I need to wash all the other dishes by hand but realize that I don't have any clean dishcloths because they are all on my bed waiting to be folded and put away. I head back to the bedroom and finish folding the laundry so I can come back later to finish washing the dishes.

I don't ever concentrate on getting one room completely done all at once, but eventually everything does get cleaned.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

This sounds like my cleaning habits. I get really annoyed at the fact that I'm all over the house, nothing ever seems to get done and with all that walking I still have weight to lose. Sometimes I line up the laundry baskets and load all the things for my room in one basket, then Kenzie's room in another basket and so on, so that way I don't have to walk around as much (and then wonder why I still have weight to lose after walking 500 miles around my house).

Julie said...

That's awesome, such a mom mentality...It's nice that you actually clean the house, ours is a perpetual mess in the summer...blame that on Daddy and my complete lack of incentive when he's home and there's so many fun things to do outside. I have an idea...I think we should all trade off and clean each others houses, because after all, isn't it way more fun to clean someone else's house?

The Reimers Family said...

Totally me!

The Doom's said...

I think that the next book in the If You Give A Mouse A Cookie series should be If You Give A Mom a Dirty Dishcloth! I think that all moms and women out there have done this at one point or another and it would be a best selling book. I would totally buy it!

Krystal said...

sounds a lot like me trying to clean my classroom right now... which is why it is in shambles and never going to be ready for the first day of school! Ahhhh... if I'm this bad with a classroom, I'm screwed when it comes to being a wife and taking care of a whole HOUSE!!!