Thursday, 23 October 2008

My first Tag!

Thank you Staci for tagging me, it is always fun to look back at what happened in the past and share it!
20 Yrs ago...
1. I was six years old. I was in first grade at Fernley Elementary School in Fernley, NV. My teachers name was Mrs. Lippert. She would read stories to us right after lunch and the lights were always off, so I would fall asleep. I am a drooler (I can't believe I am admitting this) so I would always have a puddle on my desk when I woke up! So embarassing!
2. My best friends were Dena Wagner, Lacy Lehman, and Meghan Riley. I always felt bad for Lacy because she couldn't say her "L's" so she would pronounce her name Wacy Wehman. Poor girl.
3. I had 4 brothers at the time and no sisters, so I was spoiled! My mom would always take me everywhere and the boys would get left at home.

10 yrs. ago...
1. I was sixteen years old! I was so excited to be able to date and drive. I was a junior in high school at Cyprus High. I was on Dance Company and I was the Costume/Prop officer with Misty (Williams) Searle. We were in charge of checking out/in all the costumes for the performances. One time after concert, there was someone who brought back their costumes wet, so when we put them away and locked up the closet it started to mold. I remember being taken out of class because Lori Rupp was looking for me. Those of you that know Lori.... I was really scared to find out what she wanted. I didn't like to be yelled at! She told me I had to take all the costumes home from that closet and re-wash them and bring them back.
2. I had a couple different groups of friends that I hung out with. I was lucky to have so many great friends.
3. I think that was the year I got a parking ticket for parking in the handicapped space by the tennis court. We went out to lunch and we were late coming back. There weren't any other available spaces so we parked there. The cop must have seen me park there because the time on the ticket was 10 minutes after I parked. My mom wanted to go to court to fight it because the ticket was in her name (it was my parents car, we called it Titanic). Big mistake! She pleaded not guilty, because it wasn't her that parked there. She should have pleaded guilty and we could have had the ticket price reduced, but we ended up paying the whole fine ($100.00) anyway!

5 yrs. ago...
1. David and I had been married for 3 years. (Yes, if you do the math, I was 18 when we got married.) Alyssa was almost 2 and I was pregnant with Abbey.
2. I was working at RC Willey counting down the days that I was going to quit!
3. We lived in our house in Tooele.

3 Yrs. ago...
1. We sold our house in Tooele so David could go back to school. We went from a 2400 sq foot 4 bedroom home to a 750 sq foot 2 bedroom aparment. It was one of the biggest adjustments I have EVER made! The girls had their own rooms in the house and when we moved they had to share. Alyssa had to have a nightlight and Abbey wouldn't sleep unless it was pitch black so it took some getting used to for both of them. They still share a room, but with no nightlight!
2. My parents also sold their house this same year and were building a new one, so they were living with us. Our house sold in 4 weeks which was a lot faster than we expected, so we all had to move out. The bad thing was my parent's house wasn't finished yet so they had to move in with my Grandma for a month and a half. I can't remember ever lifting so many boxes! We moved my parents out of their house and into ours, then we had to move when we sold our house, and then when their house was finally done, we moved them in!
3. Alyssa was 3 1/2 and Abbey was 18 months. David was starting school at the U and I was working my medical billing job.

1 yr ago...
1. I realized we didn't fit in our apartment anymore (plus I was sick of not having a dishwasher and a washer and dryer). So we went house hunting. We found a condo (thanks Jana) that would be perfect for us until David is done with school. We have some of the greatest neighbors ever!
2. Alyssa was starting full-day kindergarten, so I just had Abbey all day! It was nice to get to spend one-on-one time with Abbey.
3. I was pregnant last year and miscarried, then two weeks later my Grandpa Maples passed away. It was a rough time for me!

This Yr So Far.
1. On July 22nd there was a huge rain storm that leaked into my house and ruined my wood laminate floors. Utah Disaster Kleenup tore up my floors in the living room a couple weeks later and we have been living on cement since then. (I got a call today that they are finally fixing the floors, so I had to go to Pleasant Grove to pick out a new color, since our floors were discontinued.)
2. Alyssa started 1st grade and Abbey stared preschool. I am pregnant with baby girl number three!
3. David is still in school.... I am still working my job as a medical biller.

Yesterday...
1. I went to lunch with David, something we get to do since I have two hours to myself in the afternoon.
2. I did dishes (exciting, I know).
3. I made my shopping list.

Today...
1. I drove to Pleasant Grove to pick out my new wood floors.
2. I played dolls with Abbey.
3. I am going shopping with David and the girls for Halloween stuff.

Tomorrow...
1. I will go to work for a couple hours.
2. I will take the girls for our weekly library trip.
3. All of the females over the age of 12 are going to stay the night in Park City for our "Women's Retreat". I am SO excited!

Next year...
1. I will give birth to Alivia Hope Eggers.
2. I want to have some things paid off.
3. I would love to catch up on my scrapbooking!

I tag both of you that read my blog! ;)

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey Carmen! I found a link to your blog on the Gilstraps. It's so great to read about how you're doing. Congratulations on the new baby girl! Take care and I hope you get your floors soon!

Natalie Meacham

mh said...

Hey Carm,
Me again! This was fun to read. Lucy's middle name is Hope too! What is Abbey's middle name?

Carmen Eggers said...

Abbey's middle name is Grace. So we have Faith, Grace, and Hope. I didn't know that was Lucy's middle name!

Chelsee said...

This was fun to read. I didn't know you are having another girl. I loved growing up with my two sisters.